How did I get the name theBrainrunner?

Well it's a long story but I'll keep it breif. On November 3rd, 2008 I was getting ready for work and passed out in the shower. Luckily, my wife was home at the time and ran upstairs to find me and after having trouble reviving me she then called the paramedics. After an ambulance ride, followed by a CT scan, then a helicopter ride to another hospital I ended up having surgery to repair a ruptured Brain Aneurysm. 5 months later I had two more aneurysms clipped. I was thankful to be alive, as 40% of ruptures are fatal, and 66% suffer from some permanent neurological deficit. I use to be a runner in High School, and after I had recovered from the surgeries I wanted to be healthier than I had been at that time so my wife and I started running again. Every time I run I'm thankful to be alive and able to be outside doing what I love. Thus, theBrainrunner was born.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Change of Plans

So, January 12 was my birthday. The plan was to run 40 miles however, I had to work. No problem, I had the next weekend off and planned to do it then. Did it happen? 
No! Here's why: 
1: I didn't want to run 40 miles in 2-3 inches of snow that would be on the ground at the start of Saturday.
2: We were supposed to get an extra 3-5 inches on Saturday during my run.
3: This is probably the most important, I didn't feel it was safe to share the roads with vehicles trying to drive in snow. (I'm not into getting hit by cars)

So here's the plan now. I'll not be running 40 miles for my birthday because I need to start focusing on my marathon training and can't delay it anylonger. 
I will however plan on running a 45 mile Ultra on June 14th to commemorate my birthday.
Let the marathon training begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment