How did I get the name theBrainrunner?

Well it's a long story but I'll keep it breif. On November 3rd, 2008 I was getting ready for work and passed out in the shower. Luckily, my wife was home at the time and ran upstairs to find me and after having trouble reviving me she then called the paramedics. After an ambulance ride, followed by a CT scan, then a helicopter ride to another hospital I ended up having surgery to repair a ruptured Brain Aneurysm. 5 months later I had two more aneurysms clipped. I was thankful to be alive, as 40% of ruptures are fatal, and 66% suffer from some permanent neurological deficit. I use to be a runner in High School, and after I had recovered from the surgeries I wanted to be healthier than I had been at that time so my wife and I started running again. Every time I run I'm thankful to be alive and able to be outside doing what I love. Thus, theBrainrunner was born.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Short & Sweet

Since my last entry I've had a lot going on. I was actually on vacation when the last post went up. My family and I took a trip to Gatlinburg, TN for some rest and relaxation. I ran my first "real" trail run in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, which was awesome and humbling at the same time. After we returned, I had to exchange my 3 week old shoes because of some stitching issues. My replacement shoes were on back order, but after about a week I got the problem resolved. I'm now just recovering from a cold, so my running has been very minimal over the last two weeks.



On April 23rd, I'll be running in the Bricks to Bricks 10 Miler, which is a training race for the Mini Marathon.  I'm looking forward to this event because I love running in big groups. It's run in downtown Indy--check out the course map here.  I'll give you an update on the run after I've completed it. 


That's all I have for now. Sorry for the short post. Please click on the "follow" button to the right to get updates when I post new entries. Thanks for reading, please leave a comment or post a suggestion below.


No comments:

Post a Comment