How did I get the name theBrainrunner?

Well it's a long story but I'll keep it breif. On November 3rd, 2008 I was getting ready for work and passed out in the shower. Luckily, my wife was home at the time and ran upstairs to find me and after having trouble reviving me she then called the paramedics. After an ambulance ride, followed by a CT scan, then a helicopter ride to another hospital I ended up having surgery to repair a ruptured Brain Aneurysm. 5 months later I had two more aneurysms clipped. I was thankful to be alive, as 40% of ruptures are fatal, and 66% suffer from some permanent neurological deficit. I use to be a runner in High School, and after I had recovered from the surgeries I wanted to be healthier than I had been at that time so my wife and I started running again. Every time I run I'm thankful to be alive and able to be outside doing what I love. Thus, theBrainrunner was born.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Non-Bulldog Jog Race Report

Saturday March 5th was the Bulldog Jog that I had mentioned in the February 27th post. The day was chilly at 36 degrees when I awoke. There was a steady rain and as race preparations began I was not among the those that were to partake in the running events of the day. When I had inquired with my wife if she had signed us up  for the race on Feb. 27th she hadn't. So, we went to the race website to sign up and to our astonishment the early registration was closed already. This meant you could no longer register online. You'd have to go stand in line on race morning and try to register along with all the other procrastinators, not knowing if you'd be able to get in because they only allow a limited number of walk ups. As we remembered last year that process was kind of crazy, so we opted to not run the race. However we did sign up for the Sam Costa quarter marathon, which can be found at http://www.samcosta.com and is run on Saturday March 26th along with the half marathon. I'm using this as a fun run, as it's not one of my "A" races for the year.  My first "A" race is the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon which is one of the nations largest running events at 35k participants.

It's probably best that we didn't run the Bulldog Jog this year anyway. I've been having some issues with my calves being extra tight. It's not really a cramping issue they are just really tight so I've been working on stretching, mesage, rolling them out etc...

This week I've only run 12.6 miles, to give my calves a bit of a rest and hopefully get them back to normal.

Until next time enjoy your runs.
Thanks, theBrainrunner!


No comments:

Post a Comment